Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You have to build on a good Foundation...



I have to say this was not my favorite thing to test. I do not usually wear foundation, I am not a huge fan.
I think this stems from my makeup experiences in the 80's. I was a teenager, impressionable and just could not understand why my friends always looked like they were wearing a Halloween mask????
I could never get passed that crazy line separating their chins from their necks.I am sure somewhere deep in my psyche it is the reason I never wear it. So armed with the knowledge of "blending is a must", I concord my fears and spackled my face for an entire month...

And this is what I found...

I went with 3 very affordable products, as I just6 can't see spending a fortune on something I will wash down the drain at the end of the day...

1} Age Perfect, L'Oreal- approx $17- this foundation claims to make you look radiant when you apply it. I don't know about that claim...I felt really "made up" when I was wearing it. Found it to be quite heavy and I really did not like the applicator. Too much like a paint brush and the whole thing about dipping it back in to the jar after using it on your face...GERMAPHOBE....!

2} Joe Fresh- approx $6- this product is really light on your face. I like the fact that you squeeze it out so it is FRESH...everytime. I bough the Joe Fresh face sponges to apply it. Went on really nice and smooth and I did not feel like I had a mask on my face. Also when playing with the kids, it did not rub off all over everything. Yet it still gave great coverage, no creasing and by the end of the day it still looked FRESH...

3}Simply Ageless, CoverGirl- approx $16- well I had high hopes for this product as my girl Ellen is the spokes woman for it...And it did not disappoint. This foundation went on smooth and didn't sink into my "character lines"..as I like to call them. It honestly made my face look smoother...but by the end of the day would I look more like the Crypt Keeper????
Not at all, it lasted all day and did not make me feel "made up"...I do however wish it was a squeeze bottle rather than having to dip back into the container.

So what is my pick??? Well I would have to BROWSE right by the L'Oreal, I had far too many 80's flashbacks wearing that one. I would BUY the Joe Fresh, it worked well and you can't beat the price point. But I for sure will BUY the CoverGirl, it did what it said it would. I may just have to give Ellen a call and see if we can't so something about that whole container issue...

0 comments:

 
BROWSE OR BUY!!!. Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by DaPino